We review some of the most common questions about the Homes In Transition program that we receive from potential caretakers. We hope this helps you get a better sense for our service. Be sure to check out Part 1 if you have not yet.
How much do I get paid to be a Caretaker?
While there are a number of ways to earn HITTER BUCKS (our reward system for doing a fabulous job) and various incentives throughout your association with Homes In Transition, there is no monetary compensation made to the Caretaker for performing the various responsibilities required of our Caretakers Rather, you get the opportunity to live in a great house for about the cost of a studio apartment.
How do I become a HIT Caretaker?
- Sign up on the Caretaker page for your pre-Application package.
- Applicant must meet or exceed the Minimum Qualifications out lined below. If you are not sure, please review the partial Application Refund Policy also outlined below.
- Request an Application and interview by following the instructions contained in your pre-Application package.
- Return your Caretaker Application with a payment of $95.00 (this process will be online effective June 1, 2012)
- Provide detailed pictures of your tasteful furniture.